22.4.10

Materials

I thought, seeing as I mentioned it in my last post, that I would show off some of the cheap-cheap-cheap vintage material I picked up in the closing down material shop. As a whole the patterns have proved controversial! None of it was any more than £1.50 a metre though, and the older it was, the more the shop assistant discounted it.


The material above is a kind of olive green colour, which I'm not sure you can see from the picture. I bought about a million metres of it, so I'm going to have to think of some good things to make with it. As my good friend John pointed out, it is a little bit 1980s Air Asia, but I think it has a bit of a 1940s feel to it, so think I might try and think about a low backed dress, which I think will suit it quite well. Otherwise, some tops with interesting necklines perhaps. I'm always terrified to start though, in case I ruin the material with some mistake or other.

The stripey material was originally a bit of a whim with a chance of pyjamas, but actually I think it might make a nice high waisted skirt for the summer. I'm not so concerned about wasting it, as it isn't in the best condition, so I think that is most likely to happen!

In other news today, Bristol has become a wild media circus in preparation for the Sky News Leaders Debate tonight. I have never seen so many helicopters. It's what I imagine living in Washington or some such place is like. It's quite exciting really. I went down to the Arnolfini after an impromptu burger and fries picnic with Ben to see what was going on, but all I saw were some well-armed policemen and a police boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so thank you for leaving one! Please though, don't leave your blog address in the comment box – it is slightly spammy, and already linked via your blogger profile. Thank you!